- Get Started
- Ask Asa
- Find a Provider
- Asa Recommends
The Anti-Inflammatory Diet
The Anti-Inflammatory Diet® is a revolutionary eating plan designed to empower your health. It’s not just a diet; it’s a healthy living tool that will increase your overall health and well-being and thrust you into a complete wellness transformation. This eating plan was designed to help everybody achieve optimal support for most health challenges today like: Blood Sugar Instability, Obesity, Cardiovascular Disease, Brain Chemistry and Mood Disorders, Digestive disorders, Fatigue, Hormone Imbalances, and more.
Recent studies tell us that 80% of the health challenges we face today are lifestyle-related. The crucial part of our lifestyle that makes the biggest impact are the foods that we CHOOSE to eat every day.
The eating plan targets 7 Key Areas of your health and lifestyle to help you gain victory and achieve total wellness:
- Reduces Inflammation – Most health challenges today are caused by inflammation from our foods and environment. Inflammation damages your cells and arterials walls and causes Arthritis, Digestive disorders, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, and many of the autoimmune diseases. By reducing inflammation, your body is better able to heal from many diseases.
- Eliminates Toxins – Environmental, food, and lifestyle toxicity has become epidemic in or society today and is a major cause of many health challenges. By eliminating toxins through reducing inflammation, and making better choices, better health is supported and achieved.
- Supports Cardiovascular Health – Proper digestion of our foods will help support the body’s ability to utilize our nutrients. Cardiovascular disease is at its peak in America today. Lowering inflammation, metabolizing our fats properly, and assimilating all other nutrients properly is the essential key to supporting healthy cardiovascular system.
- Reduces Body Fat and Supports Metabolism – The right foods will yield the right body. Eating the Anti-Inflammatory way will provide all of the tools the body needs to eliminate stubborn body fat and rev up the metabolism. Proper hormone function comes from proper nutrition. This plan will help support proper adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary function and help aiding in avoiding vital nutritional deficiencies.
- Increases Energy – Finding a new level of energy as your body ages might seem impossible. Stimulants have become the normal part of life for many. When we reduce inflammation and increase the right nutrients, we will establish the boundless energy that you have been searching for.
- Increases Alkalinity – Your body should have an average pH between 6.8 and 7.2. A glass of soda has a pH of 2.5 and it would take approximately 30-35 glasses of water just to balance our body chemistry to neutral. Most fruits and vegetables, including berries, kale, spinach, and most help reclaim the body’s proper pH. Many diseases thrive in an acidic environment. By alkalizing your body your cells can heal and regenerate at the highest level.
- Supports Healthy Blood Glucose – The primary causes of weight gain and diabetes are reduced functioning insulin receptors. By lowering blood glucose levels with the right kinds of foods, the insulin receptors can repair. Then your body will be able to support healthy blood sugar levels, support healthy leptin levels, and begin to thrive.
The Anti-Inflammatory Diet consists of eating equal amounts (33% each) of lean protein sources, low glycemic carbohydrates in the form of fruits and vegetables, and good healthy fats.
Here Are 3 Essentials To Consider Implementing:
- Remove the unhealthy fats and replace with healthy fats.
- avoid trans fats, partially hydrogenated oils
- increase healthy fats
- Change the Quality of Proteins that you eat.
- eat organic, grass-fed, hormone free, and antibiotic free when possible
- eat preservative, dye, and nitrite/nitrate-free
- Remove Processed Grains and Sugars
- breads, pastas, cereals, crackers, sodas, luncheon meats, white flour, fruit juices with corn syrup
- choose gluten-free when possible.
Many people have a sensitivity to gluten. Digestive bloating, cramping, flatulence, and indigestion are normal with gluten sensitivity. Often this may cause fatigue, brain fog, and low energy levels as well. Celiac disease, while rare, is still seen as a major disruption to one’s lifestyle.
Sugar is an non-nutrient offering only a relative amount of vitamins and minerals and stealing from your body of important nutrient stores. This inevitably leads to diseases such as chronic fatigue, ADD, ADHD, heart disease, diabetes, and obesity.
Low glycemic carbohydrates in the forms of fruits and vegetables have high amounts of fiber, enzymes, probiotics, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help you improve energy levels, slow aging, lose weight, and regenerate your cells.